Who am I?
Freelance Copy Editor & Proofreader
Carmen Ganser, M.A. – CopyWoman
I provide copy refreshing, editing, and proofreading services on documents, websites, marketing collateral, training materials, and media content for colleges and universities, institutes, B corps, small businesses, freelancers, nonprofits, NGOs, and people like you.
I have been writing, editing, and proofreading for 25 years, I taught middle and high school English language arts for nearly a decade, and I am a member of the San Diego Professional Editors Network (SD/PEN). I’ve been running CopyWoman for three years, and I love what I do!
Why Work with CopyWoman?
- My biggest superpower is finding flaws and spotting anomalies.
- I follow the five C’s: clear, correct, concise, comprehensive, and consistent.
- I consider quality assurance, usability, and accessibility.
- I ensure your project is diligently researched, kept confidential, and done by the deadline according to your specifications.
- My communication channels are open, and you’ll find our experience working together positive and productive.
- Like you, I am passionate about saving our beautiful planet Earth!
I work in Google Docs, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint for documents and decks; I use Adobe Reader for commenting on PDFs. For other applications or for website backend updating, let’s discuss options.
Contact me to get help today!
Companies I work with
Projects, retainer, and long-term consulting
rates & TERMS
My base hourly rate is $55.
Rate increases due to the difficulty or scope of the anticipated work or the project budget.
Project booking: 50% deposit may be required
Project delivery: 50% remaining due
Project quotes are an estimate, and the exact time spent on the project, including time spent on communication (emails, meetings, etc.), will be reflected on the final invoice.
A 25% surcharge is added to weekend and rush work.
Monthly retainer fee: $250 – 5 hours
Initial consultation: no charge